Friday, October 7, 2011

Go Leave

Jesus Christ.

The mother of all heartbreaking kiss off songs: "Go Leave" by Kate McGarrigle.


As I may have mentioned before, I cannot listen to a McGarrigle song without weeping. It's chemically impossible. Here, listen to "Heart Like a Wheel" and see if you can resist:

  
And it's only love, it's only love, that can wreck a human being and turn him inside out...
 
And last but not least, the love story of Kate McG & Loudon Wainwright sadly went the way of so many of the other duos we've mentioned (he left her for another woman, yadda yadda). I've realized that something I find beautiful in these stories is watching two people who've gone through a wrenching breakup sing together onstage years later. I can't find a clip of the two of them singing together, but I know there must be one.  I'll keep searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment