Thursday, September 22, 2011

Welcome to the Love Songs Blog!

Let's use this space to bookmark our ideas and inspiration and start a conversation about them. Don't forget to comment on what you see, hear and read. If you have any trouble posting let me know.

I don't know about you, but I've got a list of songs as long as my arm and no mp3s of any of them. Great! While I get right on some illegal downloading, here are a few sweet jams that have been circulating in my mind the past couple of months.

Anita Baker "Sweet Love": Her album "Rapture" was the soundtrack in my mom's car in the mid-late 80's. So many amazing songs off of it (Same Old Love, Caught up in the Rapture, No One in the World), but this was the big big hit.


Liz Phair "Nashville": Ten years later, Liz Phair was the soundtrack in my car! This is one of her more tender compositions. Lyrics below.

They don't know what they like so much about it
They just go for any shiny old bauble, and nobody sparkles like you
But I can't imagine it in better terms
Then naked, half-awake, about to shave and go to work

And I'm starting to think it could happen to me like it did to you
And I'm starting to actually feel it seep through the slick divide now
I don't crack the door too far for anyone who's pushing too hard on me

They don't know what they like so much about it
Maybe it goes on the other side of the hallway
The writing's so small from here
But I can't imagine it in better terms
Then naked, half-awake, about to shave and go to work

I won't decorate my love
I won't decorate my love
I won't decorate my love
I won't decorate my love...

Led Zeppelin "Thank You"



Sade "Love is Stronger Than Pride"

No comments:

Post a Comment